The reception executive at the main reception will receive you and help you check-in through the hospital information system (HIS) using a unique Hospital identification number (UHID) specifically for you. You are expected the keep the record of the same.
- The front office executive will explain the admission process to you.
- Further you will be requested to make an advance payment for which the billing counsellor shall advise you.
- You will get a receipt for the same which you need to keep safe for the final settlement.
- The front office executive will help you in getting to know the hospital, your room and various facilities available.
- You will then be escorted to your in-patient bed by a ward attendant.
No immediate deposit is demanded for emergencies, relatives are expected to fulfil the payment as soon as possible.
Once your consultant feels you are ready to go home and decides to discharge you, it can take up to 3-4 hours to complete the discharge process. Certain formalities for discharge need to be completed by you. The payment needs to be cleared. Your nurse will hand over the discharge summary to you after the required formalities have been completed. She will also explain any medication / after care at home that needs to be continued with you. The dietician will meet you and advice on the do’s and don’ts about food and your nutritional needs.